- Power demand increases much faster than the speed of establishing new power plants
- Energy demand is increasing remarkably along with the development of heavy or chemical industry
- Sultry summer cause the increase of air-conditioner
- The rise of coal price makes generation stations be lack of starting material
The future power grids will be more complex but more energy efficient than the today system. Xelpower DLC/ADR will be solution to benefit energy suppliers an consumers alike.
- End-users need to understand energy consumption patterns and power quality and determine whether to participate in ADR program.
- Utilities want to aggregate loads for ADR program, because this will cope with rapidly increasing power demand economically and quickly.
- DLC/ADR system : International trends for secure supply/demand balance especially in power shortage countries transmission.
- -Electrical utilities cost saving in generation, transmission and distribution
- -Industries cost saving (Avoiding unexpected power interruptions)
- -Bill savings & incentive payments to customers
Edge-cut ICT-based technologies
- -Real-time monitoring & control of loads vis internet
- -Side-benefit to customers : power usage information, power quality monitoring, etc
Economics & prompt action technology
- -Implementation periods : 6 months (supply-side options : 3~10 years)
- -Total costs : 5~10% cost level of supply-side options
Track Record (for ADR)
- Successful business track record in Korea for last 20 more years
- Automated Demand Response(ADR) Controller, which was called to Demand Controller, for peak power management has been installed for 5,000 heavy load customers since 1995 in Korea.
Worldwide unique record to operate ADR in the nation, which was called to DLC(Direct Load Controller), until 2012 by power utility company, KEPCO, in Korea
- -For the purpose of the balance of power supply-demand
- -Up to 1,357MW (yr 2010) ☜ KEPCO’s authorized certifications
- Four core patents of on-line ADR system (0402228, 0382464, 10-0187605, 0399548)
Global Sales & Marketing Activities
- Tried to 12 countries for last six years on different continents and on-going 5 countries
- Immediate business target within next three years : up to 2GW capacity for five countries